Older Drivers Awareness Week 2017
Hampshire and the Isle of Wight Older Drivers Forum is running an awareness week from Monday 2nd October to Friday 6th October 2017.
Last year we engaged with over 1200 older drivers to give them help and support to carry on driving safely for longer.
Below is a video from our visit to Dibden Purlieu in 2016
Our events in 2017 will be open between 9.30am to 3pm for people to just pop in at any time throughout the day. It is FREE to attend.
Monday 2nd October – Milford on Sea
Milford on Sea Village Community Centre
Milford on Sea
Tuesday 3rd October – Southampton
Haskins Garden Centre
Wednesday 4th October – Portsmouth – Open till 6pm
Cascades Shopping Centre
Thursday 5th October – Basingstoke – Open till 6pm
Festival Place Shopping Centre
Outside Marks and Spencers
Friday 6th October – Isle of Wight
St Thomas’s Square and Newport Minster
Isle of Wight
Each day’s aim will be to help you stay on the road safely for longer.
We give advice on:
- Brushing up your skills
- Booking a driving assessment
- Arranging a regular eyesight test
- Getting advice on health and well being issues that could affect your driving ability
- Renewing your licence at 70
- Learn more about road safety and the consequences of not being fit to drive
- Discover alternatives to driving and staying independent without a car
- And much more
In 2017 we will again be supported by Boots Opticians conducting free eyesight tests and answering any eyesight questions people may have.
Below are just some pictures from the week in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016: