Older Drivers Awareness Week 2016
Hampshire and the Isle of Wight Older Drivers Forum ran an awareness week from Monday 26th September to Friday 30th September 2016.
The week was a great success with us engaging with over 1200 older drivers to give them help and support to carry on driving safely for longer.
Below is a video from our visit to Dibden Purlieu this year
The Forum visited five different venues across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight with its partners.
Our events in 2016 were open between 9.30am to 3pm for people to just pop in at any time throughout the day, it was FREE.
We are now planning for our Awareness week in 2017 which will run between Monday 2nd October and Friday 6th October 2017.
Each day’s aim will be to help you stay on the road safely for longer.
We give advice on:
- Brushing up your skills
- Booking a driving assessment
- Arranging a regular eyesight test
- Getting advice on health and well being issues that could affect your driving ability
- Renewing your licence at 70
- Learn more about road safety and the consequences of not being fit to drive
- Discover alternatives to driving and staying independent without a car
- And much more
In 2016 we were again supported at the Awareness week by Boots Opticians who conducted free eyesight tests and answered any eyesight questions people may have had.
We look forward to seeing you in 2017.
Below are just some pictures from the week in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016: